Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta is looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to join our team. The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will perform a variety of job responsibilities related to testing mobile & web applications across multiple platforms.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for, but not be limited to, the following:
- Developing automated test scripts, test plans and test cases.
- Execute automated test plans
- Maintaining and executing existing automation scripts
- Participating in functional testing, regression testing and performance testing
- Identify bugs, issues, risks, and bottlenecks within the mobile application.
- Expertise in Performance/Load/ Stress/Functional Testing using Jmeter, HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, Soap UI Pro and/or QTP.
- Experience in Performance Testing using several protocols like Web HTTP/HTML, Web Services and Database applications, Client/Server- browser-based and Middleware application environments.
- Jmeter experience, script creation, performance tests runs and reporting.
- Skillful in software specification analysis, writing test plan, test objectives, test strategy and traceability test environment.
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules/processes, solutions approach and detailed design of the application.
- Extensive experience in working on Manual Testing Methodologies like Rational Unified Process RUP , Black Box, White Box, Joint Application Development JAD , Agile-SCRUM, Waterfall Methodology and Spiral Methodology.
- Expert in writing, analyzing and executing test cases, test scenarios, test scripts and the usage of various tools for bug tracking Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center/ALM, Agile central and generating Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports.
- The individual must have a passion for software testing and finding bugs in software prior to deployment.
- Highly motivated self starter, a team player who works well on cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to portray information in a logical and well organized manner.
- Proven record of developing strong, positive relationships with the software development team, especially developers and business analysts.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the client solution and deliverables.
- Experience with Agile Project Management is a strong plus; namely Scrum.
- Experience in a Business Analyst or QA role for emerging technologies is a plus (AI, IoT, etc.)
- Experience using GitHub or similar code repository system.
- Proven ability to focus on value based testing and coverage with a dedication to delivery and time estimates.
- Creative, solutions-oriented tester that focuses on testing coverage in the most effective and efficient way possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
Being part of our 'Kin' has it's benefits:
- Personal training budget;
- Mentorship program;
- Additional days of paid vacation;
- Family premium health insurance;
- Catered lunches;
- In-house English lessons;
- Weekly yoga classes
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.