Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Thermal Mechanical Engineer responsible for testing and development of automotive HVAC and thermal system. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of in-depth knowledge in thermodynamics, the ability to conduct technical tests/experiments and analyze the data for various performance metrics. This position requires previous experience and knowledge in building and testing mechatronic systems equipped with sensors and actuators. Ideal candidate will come with from technical background.
- Maintain a small R&D Lab, build prototypes for laboratory and field testing.
- Develop system requirements and translate them into test protocols.
- Methodically analyze the data to evaluate system level performance and efficiency.
- Develop detailed algorithms and control strategies to optimize energy use.
- Brainstorm with other engineers to identify opportunities for efficiency and performance improvements.
- In-depth understanding of thermodynamic systems as it relates to automotive cooling.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in refrigeration and heat pump systems.
- Prior experience in system level design and testing of complex thermal systems.
- Ability to analyze the system from energy use point of view and suggest efficiency improvements.
- Experience building electronic hardware, integrating sensors and actuators.
- Experience in programming PLC or data acquisition systems, LabView preferred.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate independently and effectively with all levels of management.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in a deeply technical capacity.
- Able to travel domestically and abroad as projects require, but typically averaging 30% or less.
- BS Mechanical Engineering required; graduate degree preferred.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in use of various software and hardware tools use for automotive software development.
- Knowledge and experience in modeling work using software like MatLab.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.