Hi! We're Forerunner.
We believe that adaptation is a necessity, not a luxury, and communities deserve access to powerful software that helps them plan for the future. The challenge of climate change is complex – it implicates how municipalities plan, manage capital, and communicate to both residents and higher levels of government. Forerunner helps local communities do these things better by empowering them to access, understand, and mobilize local-level flood risk data at scale. Our software is built to be easy-to-use, so that the planners and floodplain managers preparing for our future can focus on the important stuff. We're currently working with communities across the country to generate adaptation insights from permit data. As a new addition to our team, you'll be joining us at a crucial time when you'll have a real impact on our direction and our partners' success.
About the position:
We're looking for a senior full-stack engineer to join us. We would love to hear from you if you're interested in what we do and have a proven track record of leading mid- to large-scale technical initiatives. In general, you might be a good fit if you:
- Have partial, or full, familiarity with our technical stack: Node, GraphQL, React, Postgres + PostGIS, Express, Heroku. If not, we would like you to be confident in your ability to ramp up quickly.
- Experience with geospatial data. Our product is built around real-world conditions so a working knowledge of spatial analysis and geographic data management is important.
- Are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity. We're learning a lot from our partners and are looking for someone who has a bias toward action and can balance the challenging trade-off between quality and speed.
- Consider yourself to be a great communicator. We're a small team working remotely, which requires us to be prompt and clear with written and spoken communication.
Our team has a lot to offer.
Forerunner is a seed-stage company with an interdisciplinary team. We are motivated by seemingly intractable problems and work hard to support one another.
- We're mission-driven. Our mission orients our business strategy and pushes us to work with a sense of urgency. We’re in the weeds -- our entire team spends time engaging with our partners in the field to better understand the real-world problems they face.
- We're a small team. As a member of our growing team, you will quickly become an invaluable part of our organization and have a meaningful impact on our business and technical direction. We welcome unique perspectives and backgrounds. Your opinion matters and we hope you'll share it.
- We're remote in the U.S. We each work from where we're happiest and most productive — we expect you to do the same. We offer schedule flexibility and ask for accountability in return.
- We want you to be happy and healthy. Forerunner offers competitive compensation, health/vision/dental coverage (we pay 70%), and commuter benefits. We also have a quarterly wellness reimbursement so that you can have flexibility in defining what “health” means to you.
We're looking forward to meeting you. To apply or ask questions, shoot us a message at email@example.com!