Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
As Plant Expert (Agronomist), you will be responsible for the health of our plants at our new Infarm Plant Hub in the Netherlands. You are an experienced Agronomist and plant enthusiast, as well as a perfectionist motivated to grow top-quality plants.
- Ensure plant performance
- Take responsibility of fertilization and plant protection
- Manage plant production conditions and processes
- Ensure full and accurate application of production guidelines
- Provide continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders
- Be in contact with relevant plant related professionals (ex. beneficials suppliers, research organizations, etc.)
- Provide continuous feedback and follow up on the guidelines received from the Global Crop Operations team in Berlin
- Deliver on-site trainings and onboarding for new growers together with City Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant Science, Master’s is a plus
- At least 1-3 years of experience in plant production, nursery, greenhouse, etc.
- Vast knowledge of plant health and detection of plant deficiencies and diseases
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under defined guidelines with precision
- Excellent communication skills
- “Hands-on” approach and proactive attitude
- Previous experience with hydroponic systems is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- A generous vacation package
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.