StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
StreetLight Data is seeking a high-caliber Lead Software Engineer to be part of our team. This team member will lead our growing application development team in Vancouver, and be responsible for full-stack development of our StreetLight InSight SaaS web application. (We would also consider a backend lead engineer, but not a frontend lead.) This position reports to the Senior Director of Engineering.
- Design, implement, and maintain customer-facing features, including both backend and frontend components, in the StreetLight InSight SaaS web application
- Interface among our San Francisco, Vancouver, and Eastern European teams, and mentor more junior engineers
- Deliver product releases to production each month
- Write automated unit tests and participate in peer design and code reviews
- Collaborate daily with the other developers and QA engineers on the team, as well as with Product Management
- Productize analytics handoffs from the Data Science and Data Engineering team
- Tune StreetLight InSight for performance, scalability, and reliable operation to serve our growing customer base
- Assist Support and Operations in resolving production issues when needed, and improve the product to avoid them in the future
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university
- 10+ years of experience developing software products, preferable in an enterprise market
- 5+ years of experience developing web-based SaaS applications
- 2+ years of experience providing technical leadership of a team
- Deep experience and continued interest in backend web development is a must
- Experience and interest in frontend web development is strongly preferred as well
- Proficiency in Python or similar backend web and application development language
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL databases; experience with SQL databases in an analytic or big data context is a strong plus
- Product and customer orientation
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.