About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Sales team is charged with taking our technology to market and effectively communicating the benefits and value to customers, suppliers, and consumers in order to drive commercial success for the company. We are seeking a dynamic and energetic Director of Sales Operations who will own and build the Sales Operations team and function, and lead strategic initiatives to drive the next phase of our growth. You will drive efficiency and productivity across all systems and business processes, including Salesforce, other Sales tools, and all reporting and analytics.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the building and development of a new Sales Operations team.
- Establish business processes for sales systems and reporting tools, and make recommendations for any improvements aligning with the needs of the team and organization.
- Actively engage cross-functionally with all business teams and address scalability, lead generation, go-to-market and other challenges and initiatives.
- Build and assess the sales support structure, aligning customers, the existing team and new hires.
- Work cross-functionally and monitor the deal desk to support the Buy and Supply side with data, analytics, pricing and negotiations to expedite closing.
- Deliver dashboards and reports to the Sales team and report on team performance to company stakeholders.
- Expand sales technology stack as needed.
- Prepare budgetary recommendations that meet organizational and departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Manage the processes associated with the sales forecast, sales bookings, order log and commission structure.
- Share your experience on best practices internally to build for scale across the organization.
- Continuously measure and monitor alignment between the Sales Operations team and our company values and business objectives, making adjustments as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- 10+ years of management experience within sales operations at a high-growth company.
- A Bachelor’s, advanced degree, or certifications in a business-related field is desired.
- Solid experience with Salesforce, sales tools and other business applications (Slack, Asana, etc.)
- Any global experience would be a strong asset.
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally in a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated skills in marshalling organizational resources to support your team’s needs and deliverables.
- Willingness to travel (locally, regionally, internationally) ~ 15% of the time when applicable.
- Passion for problem-solving and developing others; excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and the proven capability to make timely and sound decisions.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to influence others.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.