Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
As the first dedicated design researcher at Aurora Solar, you will help build our research culture and processes from the ground up, enabling the company to move faster and smarter. You will have the opportunity to model and build the foundational framework for research practice applied to product development.
If you dwell at the intersection of data and storytelling, enjoy discovering insights, questioning the obvious, and love data and design in equal measure then let’s talk!
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Evangelize high-quality research and user-centered thinking in partnership with cross functional teams in product, design, analytics, business development, and sales
- Spark opportunities across diverse audiences within the company to develop greater appreciation for our customers
- Integrate research into the natural product development process while implementing continuous testing and discovery of user needs
- Plan and conduct various methods of research designed to guide and inform key business decisions and strategies
- Translate data and insights into experience strategy and design direction
- Convey results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to business stakeholders and team members
- Conduct workshops and exercises to engage stakeholders and build a more intimate knowledge of our customers
What we value:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar experience
- 4+ years of quantitative and qualitative research and design experience with with demonstrated impact
- Prolific experience in discovery, test creation, recruitment, moderation, synthesis and socializing actionable insights
- Familiarity and experience with agile/scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with a strong grasp on how to clearly, concisely and persuasively convey research findings
- Strong portfolio of previous work that exemplifies your impact through research
- Passion for technology and its impact on human behavior
Thank you for your interest in Aurora Solar. Currently our interview process is taking longer than usual as we navigate the new normal of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and look forward to connecting with you soon.Aurora is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.