Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role:Imperfect Foods is growing quickly, and our Grocery team is seeking an Inventory Buyer to manage and maintain optimal inventory levels for all grocery products (Branded and Private Label) in assigned categories across all Fulfillment Centers. The ideal candidate will deliver the right products at the right time while ensuring profitability, and optimal turns supporting assortments. Imperfect strives to be the “first and favorite” grocery shop for the majority of our customers. The Inventory Buyer will work closely with operations to facilitate product flow into our fulfillment centers.
- Meet in-stock level goals while maintaining warehouse turns
- Create, monitor and manage purchase orders on a weekly basis
- Manage and communicate out of stock positions
- Manage weeks of supply on hand
- Be a liaison between suppliers and our warehouses, promoting on-time deliveries
- Monitor and report on supplier fill rates
- Answer and escalate Customer Service requests as needed
- Coordinate item setup and launch dates with Merchandisers
- Manages freight and product invoice reconciliation
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience working in food procurement or fast-moving product line
- Experience working with retailers and direct suppliers is preferred
- Experience working in a fast-growing company or start-up environment
- Ability to analyze sales trends, pricing, and margins
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Solid experience working with ERP, WMS, and Inventory systems
- You have excellent time management skills
- You have outstanding problem-solving abilities
- You love negotiating with suppliers and operations to facilitate freight movement
- You’re highly collaborativeYou rely on facts and analysis to inform decision-making
- You’re passionate about improving the sustainability and social responsibility of our business
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time exempt position, reporting to the Category Manager
- Based out of our Bay Area Headquarters
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Occasional travel to new and existing locations may be necessary
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office, or in our refrigerated warehouse may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.