Zola is seeking a smart, organized and process oriented individual to join the Finance Team as an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This role will report into the VP, Controller and work cross functionally with multiple business units. He/she should be a subject matter expert on all Accounts Payable operations, and be excited to oversee internal/external AP teams as well as vendor relations. This role is ideal for someone coming from previous retail or ecommerce experience, and someone who is passionate about driving the right business decisions with data.
- Subject matter expert on Accounts Payable operations. Oversee daily AP operations to ensure efficient workflow, consistency, timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and employee T&E
- Responsible for full cycle AP: invoice entry, data processing, approval routing, and payments – includes both merchandise and opex invoices. Perform inventory reconciliations.
- Manage AP team in New York as well as offshore teams
- Work closely with Merchandising and operations team at Zola and help to manage the vendor relationships
- Collaborate with rest of Finance team to maintain accurate coding on invoices and forecast monthly cash flow
- Process and oversee payments for an international subsidiary
- Manage employee credit cards and T&E approval processes
- Maintain vendor account reconciliations and statement review to actively resolve overdue accounts and act as point of contact for payments and invoicing issues.
- Ensure all vendor and staff interactions are handled professionally, timely, and consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare annual 1099 filings.
- Identify and implement improved processes and/or systems to streamline AP
- Assist in special projects as needed
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory role, and at least 2 years experience in Accounts Payables. Experience in retail or ecommerce preferred
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet critical deadlines
- Highest level of integrity
- Highly analytical, organized and reliable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong excel skills or willingness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communicator and ability to work well cross functionally
- Self-starter and ability to adapt in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience overseeing a team/supervising is a plus
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples’ lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology… all in the service of love.
Based in NYC and launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, and registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, and we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, and Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors and partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdale’s, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, and Host Committee, among many others.