Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood that opens 2021.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars. Here's more
As a New Market Intern at Culdesac, you will be an integral part of developing our next set of car-free projects. With our multi-disciplinary team, you will assist in the identification and analysis of potential locations and related outreach, design, and planning. Your work will span urban planning, real estate acquisition, and financial modeling.
- Conduct national research and data analysis on potential sites for Culdesac's next set of projects
- Review existing entitlements and regulatory processes and study relevant international and local codes for potential sites
- Assist in the conceptual planning and design of potential projects
- Assist with real estate finance pro formas and related real estate data collection and analysis
- Assist in the creation of outreach slide decks
- Strong preference for individuals prioritizing a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micro mobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
- A Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in urban planning, real estate development, or a related field.
- Strong domain knowledge is a prerequisite for this position; check back later for generalist positions
- Driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adept at data analysis.
- Experienced with real estate financial modeling.
- Intrinsically motivated by quality work and collaboration.
- Excellent at giving and receiving constructive feedback, especially the hard-to-give variety.
- Values a caring, supportive, and honest culture.
- Creative and data-driven.
Culdesac is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.