About the role:
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
- Work closely with our Simulation Engineering, Infrastructure and Vehicle teams to deliver key simulation functionality for testing and development of Autonomous Vehicles
- Facilitate day-to-day research and development work of multiple simulation projects
- Understand, clarify, and rationalize business requirements across the teams for simulation and testing needs
- Drive sprint/quarterly planning, execution, and retrospectives
- Align cross-functional teams, ensuring effective communications at all levels
- Define and monitor metrics/KPIs based on business requirements, and proactively escalate when needed
- Track and report on project progress, proactively drive corrective actions as needed
- Build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Create and organize product documentation
- Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in CS, Math, EE, or related engineering/science field, MBA is a strong plus
- 6+ years of experience managing complex technical projects in a fast-paced tech company and/or highly regulated industry
- Proven ability to influence members across the team to maximize performance, and to provide clear data & options to decision-makers
- Skilled at helping teams translate sometimes-ambiguous requirements into concrete actions and deliverables
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to lead and motivate a team without acting as a direct authority figure
- Experience with large, resilient test automation frameworks
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Significant Agile experience