We are looking for a technology-driven and detail-oriented Pre-Sales Architect to join our Partnerships team and continue Kin + Carta's rapid growth. You’ll be joining an arm of our thought leaders and consultants focused on expanding our partnership relationship with Microsoft. Kin + Carta is a Microsoft Gold Partner and one of the top 100 digital agencies in the Microsoft partner channel. We have several clients that are currently using Azure and are looking to expand.
You will operate in a fast-paced environment on a small, nimble team. Translation: you have an opportunity to make a big impact on Kin + Carta and your career. In this role, you’ll support the expansion of our Microsoft footprint and drive new innovative work across our capabilities.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be the primary technical lead for our Microsoft Partnership team; integrating with Microsoft’s customer engineering staff and ensuring the strength of our services with them
- Work to create technical content and deliverables for the Microsoft Partner team surrounding the priority of Microsoft’s cloud products.
- Be the glue between our Kin + Carta’s Microsoft Partner Development Manager and Kin + Carta’s Engineering staff to provide support for existing Microsoft projects, management learning development, and certifications.
- Provide pre-sales and new opportunity pursuit for all active opportunities that are Microsoft identified leads by providing subject matter expertise, technical diagrams, developing proof of concepts, and other strategic activities to win the business.
- Create marketing content via blogs, meetups, podcasts, and/or speaking engagements to raise our presence in the market as a thought leader on the Microsoft Platform.
- Work with our consulting teams to ensure alignment of the Microsoft Cloud Platform for their area of impact such as Cloud Native, Artificial Intelligence, Data Platforms, Cloud Security, IoT, Mobile, and Web Experiences.
- As needed, work on specific client projects to bring subject matter expertise to the project team and conduct the necessary engineering tasks in order to deliver the client outcomes, but not to replace a consulting resource.
- 5+ years of cloud technology experience with 2+ Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions preferred
- Knowledge of .NET, J2EE, and cloud technologies development languages and tools.
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud security, IaaS & PaaS architectures
- Knowledge of big data/analytics, CI/CD, DevOps, SRE and networking concepts
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices-based applications in the public cloud. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other Container Orchestration and API exposure platforms a plus
- Ability to work independently and make recommendations and decisions autonomously
- Understanding and passion for human-centered design and the agile software development lifecycle including Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- You are an extroverted and empathetic servant leader that thrives in fast-paced environments and has a passion for emerging technologies that meet business outcomes
- Microsoft certifications are highly preferred (Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Developer Associate, Azure AI Engineer Associate, Azure Administrator Associate)
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel to client sites is on hold for the foreseeable future. Once restrictions are lifted and it becomes safe to travel, this role will require up to 20% travel. The safety of our Kin is our utmost priority.
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.