Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role:Imperfect Foods is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to define and drive our internal communications strategy. The Internal Communications Manager will create initiatives that will directly impact the people and company culture at Imperfect Foods.The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who excels at collaborating with executives, colleagues, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality work even in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is exceptionally organized and detail oriented, with a knack for prioritization. They are capable of managing cross-functional projects and work streams end to end. Strong writing and editing skills are essential—specifically the ability to communicate a variety of messages to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner and with a human-centric approach. Experience in developing and executing communication plans and moderating internal communities is preferred.
- Formalize and lead Imperfect’s internal communications efforts
- Design and execute creative internal communications programs that align our growing organization around core business objectives and build our culture—ultimately simplifying and prioritizing what employees need to know about the business and how their role impacts it
- Partner with our executive team, leaders across the company, and our external communications team to shape and deliver effective internal messaging
- Partner with our leadership team to help inform key messages for our company such as all-hands meetings, weekly stand-up sessions, ongoing program rollouts, and internal community building efforts across multiple sites
- Instill process that makes internal communication transparent and readily available
- Coordinate, draft and publish company’s bi-annual Impact Report; a public record of progress toward established DEI, sustainability, and CSR efforts
- Facilitate productive feedback loops across the company, and collaborate with leadership to promote open, two-way communication
- Be an advocate for Imperfect’s culture, seeking opportunities to reinforce our desired culture in everything that we do
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in communications (including internal communications), preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Able to develop relationships and work with employees at all levels, including executive leadership, across a wide variety of company functions
- A strategic mindset and project management skills
- Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Communications/Marketing or another related field, or relevant experience
- You love writing and are motivated by the challenge of telling a good story
- You have an instinct for picking the right words, tone, and transitions
- You notice the small details of punctuation, spelling, and grammar and take them seriously
- Your laser-focused and can prioritize multiple projects with ease
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Sr. Director, Brand Marketing
- Position based out of our San Francisco Headquarters
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Occasional movement around the office may be necessary
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon requestRegular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.