About the role:
The Simulation group delivers products that accelerate our autonomous vehicle development, testing, and deployment through specialized frameworks and tools. As a Senior Systems Engineer on this team, you will define and drive systems requirements to enable and support Simulation’s infrastructure. This role collaborates closely with customers and stakeholders to drive resolution of technical issues and solve complex problems in a cross-functional environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop long-term and stable requirements, verification/validation, and/or software solutions to advanced problems.
- Drive planning and execution by breaking complex products into projects and/or milestones that deliver incremental value to teams and customers.
- Execute and iterate on requirements at all phases of development to ensure that requirements are implemented and tested within a timeframe that aligns with company needs.
- Lead and communicate engineering analyses that provide teams with all the information needed to develop and continuously improve the systems function and performance.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers to ensure design, implementation, and programs are on track, and regularly drive consensus among diverse stakeholders on technical projects.
- Prepare clear proposals and design documents for large-scope or cross-functional projects.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience in systems engineering, requirements management, software development, and validation/testing
- 5+ years experience in building tools for large, complex systems
- Passion for safe, fully-electric, self-driving technology and its impact on the world
- Proven success in detail-oriented systems-level design and execution
- Clear track record of effective collaboration with customers and continuous delivery of quality results
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent experience
- Experience in computer simulation, including video games and vehicle simulation software
- Experience with fast-growth companies and recruiting/retaining the best talent