CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.We’re looking for an accounting intern to join our team! CFS interns are highly valued within the organization and placed in to meaningful and challenging roles. Our accounting intern will be exposed to the accounting function within a fast-moving startup organization, and assist the company to set up its accounting records for the inventory area in preparation for a future ERP implementation.
- 12-16 week internship program
- 40-50 hours per week with set hourly salary based on year in school
- Internship are typically located in Cambridge, MA and we are open to discussing remote options in consideration of Covid-19 and everyone's safety. If an Intern is going to be on site, you will be responsible for your own transportation and housing
- Opportunities available for college students in all levels of schooling from bachelor’s degree to PhD
- Interns must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer
This team member will:
- Our accounting intern will take on an important CFS project to capture the accounting for materials inventory, which needs to be set up from scratch. This includes:
- Develop the company’s inventory register, costing methods, and inventory-related policies from scratch. As a research & development company, CFS has made increasing purchases of materials and supplies that will be used to create prototypes and needs to create the infrastructure to track this in our accounting records. This project will be conducted under supervision of the Accounting Manager and Controller, in collaboration with our financial planning & analysis, procurement, manufacturing, and research teams.
- The project deliverables will include:
- Definition of inventory types and categories and master list of fields that are meaningful to the organization
- Developing the inventory register from historical purchases and physical counts
- Recommendation of inventory costing methods to the Controller, including calculation of standard costs
- Write up of inventory accounting policies
- Final inventory register for the company to import to its ERP system
- Other accounting-related projects, time permitting.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Completion of at least 3 years of an undergraduate degree in accounting or similar, including completed introductory financial and managerial accounting coursework.
- One prior internship experience or other work experience in a business environment with inventory exposure (e.g., retail or manufacturing).
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- A problem solver
- Passionate about our clean energy future
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.