Heila Technologies is looking to hire a talented electrical engineer to accelerate the commercialization of our grid optimization solution, and support a higher adoption of low-carbon, distributed energy resources (DERs).
As an electrical engineer at Heila, you will work on next generation optimization and control technologies to enable communication and decision making among a large variety of energy assets such as solar panels, batteries, fuel cells, EV charging stations and more.
You should be passionate about sustainable energy and have experience when it comes to designing, coding, and testing industrial control solutions.
● Engineer, program, and validate control sequence in a software-based PLC
● Design and implement software applications from inception to release.
● Create tools to ensure that safety and quality requirements are met.
● Support the deployment, configuration and commissioning of onsite hardware with distributed generation, energy storage, and telemetry devices.
● Prepare analytical studies, specifications, and reports.
● Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices.
● Push company innovation efforts.
● BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
● Experience with the operations of generation equipment, storage assets, and controls/monitoring
● Knowledge of industrial protocols such as: CAN bus, Modbus, BACnet, SNMP, DNP3, IEC 61850, etc.
● Comfortable programming in LabVIEW, Java, C++, Python and working with Linux.
● Comfortable interacting with deployment personnel, vendors, and utilities to resolve issues.