Heila Technologies is looking to hire a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer to help us build the grid of the future. We are looking to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution. At Heila, we strive to provide clean, reliable energy to all, with a focus on environmental and social equity by leveraging the power of low-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs). The ideal candidate will be keen on pushing Heila's social equity mission across our technology platform and business use cases.
As a Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer at Heila, you will lead the design and development of the cloud platform that supports our customer facing applications and our DER control and optimization solution. You will have the opportunity to develop the infrastructure that interacts with fleets of IoT devices which control equipment ranging from solar panels to batteries to electric vehicles.
● Work closely with the team to design and deploy dynamically scalable, resilient and reliable applications.
● Help build services and applications for future market use cases as the industry develops.
● Setup and maintain monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for performance, operations and alerts of our systems.
● Contribute to the development of our automated test and build infrastructure, with a focus on reliability.
● Owning technical documentation for workflows, processes and best practices.
● Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability and high-performance.
● Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
● Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or Software related field.
● Experience managing container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software.
● Experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud infrastructure providers.
● Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns using message broker technologies such as Kafka or RabbitMQ.
● Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication capabilities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
● Comfortable programming in C/C++, Java or Python on UNIX environments.