Heila Technologies is looking to hire a System Integration Test Engineer to help us build the grid of the future. We are looking to accelerate the commercialization of our control and optimization solution. At Heila, we strive to provide clean, reliable energy to all, with a focus on environmental and social equity by leveraging the power of low-carbon distributed energy resources (DERs). The ideal candidate will be keen on pushing Heila's social equity mission across our technology platform and business use cases.
As a System Integration Test Engineer at Heila, you’ll evaluate software systems, from the design phase through development, documentation, installation and commissioning and create the testing plan and tools that support our control and energy optimization solution.
● Contribute or lead engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
● Design, create, modify and execute test plans and tests for hardware and software validation at both system and user level and drive to improve software QA processes and methodologies.
● Perform system level integration and test of all software components, ensuring their compatibility to meet reliability and technical requirements, as well as algorithm performance objectives.
● Facilitate knowledge sharing by owning and maintaining comprehensive documentation.
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or Software related field.
● 2+ years of experience generating product-specific test plans and executing test validation accordingly.
● Experience with Linux and Software scripting languages, particularly Python.
● Experience in building test automation solutions, end-to-end test frameworks, monitoring systems, and improve testing effectiveness.
● Ability to lead testing activities and engagement with cross-functional teams to shape product development pipelines and make deployment more reliable and efficient.
● System-level problem-solving approach to complex software stacks and pipelines, coupled with attention to detail and effective communication skills.
● Domain knowledge and expertise with power systems, microgrids and/or DERs.