We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
The People Strategy team partners closely with all departments across the People Org to set our strategy, drive key initiatives, and change across the company. As a member of this team, you will report to the Senior Manager, People Strategy & Operations. You will work closely with our Recruiting Leadership team and COEs to drive Cruise’s people strategy, develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics for our work, and develop process & infrastructure to enable their implementation. We seek to build a transparent, best-in-class People function, and this person will make that a reality. We are a fast growing company and this is an opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
What you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with Cruise’s Recruiting Leadership team to define and develop team priorities in alignment with company objectives and develop governance and communications practices to ensure progress, accountability and understanding against key initiatives.
- You will partner with cross-functional teams to support the development of scalable programs & support the execution of plans to operationalize strategies in support of company priorities.
- You will structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses with the support of the People Analytics team and coordinate presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term impact.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide implementation of critical programs and priorities.
- You will develop communication plans in support of telling the People Team story throughout the People team to enable improved visibility, awareness and understanding of priorities, actions and impact.
- You will lead projects requiring careful and thoughtful change and stakeholder management.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree preferred.
- 6+ years experience in management consulting, private equity, or human resources strategy or functions.
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple partners; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior leaders - the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly, to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- You have led cross-functional teams and are collaborative by nature. Must work openly and closely with a team and across all functional areas in the company.
- You are comfortable and adept in playing a consultative role to guide leaders and drive progress, identify key points of connection and maintain alignment across disparate teams.
- Superior communication skills - experience developing presentations for senior leadership is a plus.
- Proactive in identifying downstream impacts to devise robust project & change management plans to mitigate risk and enable smooth implementation across audience segments.
- You are highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions.
- You have a low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- You have a strong understanding of best-in-class HR practices.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.