Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Environmental, Health, and Safety Intern; this role will report to the Manager of Environmental, Health, and Safety. The EHS Intern is a critical part of developing the EHS organization in the Manufacturing and Logistics environments. The EHS Intern will partner with EHS Technicians and Specialists in supporting day-to-day operations by handling floor inspections, improving employee engagement, and helping to drive a number of overall EH&S processes. The role will have a highly hands-on approach to problem solving, while gaining mentorship and guidance from more senior EH&S team members. Rapid and concise communication is a critical piece to this role; a candidate that strives for excellence, challenges themselves, and seeks after opportunities for individual development will be a valuable addition to the Lucid EH&S team.
- Support day-to-day EHS operations
- Perform risk analysis, job hazard analysis, and standard operating procedures
- Support EHS Specialists in production driven EHS team meetings
- Review work instructions and current work practices to identify need for additional controls
- Trend EHS metrics and report findings
- Partner in routine workplace and safety equipment inspections (Gemba, Forklift, Eyewash, etc.)
- Drive corrective action resolution with a hands-on and innovative approach to problem solving
- Partner in basic training sessions and information flow down sessions
- Learn risk assessments processes and conduct safety audits, dock inspections, and ergonomic work-task audits
- Gather data for any assessments being conducted and present to senior EHS team members for review
- Have a growing knowledge of EHS performance metrics and drive actions to directly influence continuous improvement
- Conduct field sampling (Environmental/Industrial Hygiene) with instruction from EHS Specialists’
- Engage in and drive projects as key project champion of strategic EHS initiatives to support our customers across the organization
- High school diploma or GED
- Pursuant of Bachelor’s Degree and higher-level education in EHS
- Prior Internship/Co-op experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of general manufacturing safety processes, procedures, and requirements
- Must be able to lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for 10+ hrs. daily and climb stairs
- Exemplary initiative and a learn-by-doing mentality is encouraged
- Self-motivated with high energy to get results!
Some examples of project workings are as follows:
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Working with EHS Specialists and waste-generating departments within the Organization to Create a Satellite Accumulation Area (SAA) location map
- Tasks include walking site, communications with operators, identification of process waste and debris, create map with labels
- Add Fire Exts, eyewash/showers, spill kits, etc.. to Site Map
- Work with EHS Technicians to create and place SAAs containers in production areas where activity dictates
- Tasks include applying correct hazard labels and 6S taped floor with proper signage
- Work with EHS Team to develop SAA/CAA Inventory
- Tasks include purchase, follow through upon delivery, & organization of EHS Storage areas
- Work with EHS Specialists to establish Waste Sampling Plans and Sampling for identified waste streams
- Tasks include Writing Sampling Plans and organize in Waste Profile Determination files.
- Tasks include final steps after waste stream identification and classification, obtain sampling equipment/coolers/bottles/jars, perform waste stream sampling and maintain chain of custody, and deliver samples to lab, organize lab reports in Waste Profile Determination files.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.