Elemental Excelerator advances solutions to climate change, and deploys those solutions in the
communities that need them the most. Each year, we find 15-20 companies that best fit our
mission and fund each company up to $1 million to improve systems that impact people’s lives:
energy, transportation, water, agriculture, and beyond. To date, we have awarded over $36 million
to 99 companies and deployed more than 50 projects in Hawaii, California’s frontline communities,
and the Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit elementalexcelerator.com.
At Elemental Excelerator, our values drive the way we achieve our mission, approach each day
in the office, and build our team. We blend a growth mindset with diverse backgrounds and
roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
● Team over self - we put the mission and team first.
● Driving for improvement - we are hungry for excellence and growth as individuals so that
we can grow as an organization.
● Joyful work - we approach the world with warmth, assume positive intentions, and
seek to bring joy to those around us.
Elemental Excelerator (Elemental) is looking for a self-directed and experienced individual to manage the daily financial and accounting activities of a dynamic and fast-moving organization. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for financial analysis and oversight of financial accounting and reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives in a constantlychanging organization and can react in stride.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Managing Director of Finance. The key responsibility for this role will be participating in and supporting Elemental’s strategic plans by:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 5 years of experience in increasingly senior roles
• Experience working with and/or engaging diverse stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, including strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to professionally provide and receive feedback
• Team-oriented mindset and ability to work successfully in fast-paced teams
• Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to quickly re-direct
• Detail-oriented and thorough
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to work with deadlines and consistently follow through for completion of assigned
• Creative and proactive in solving problems
• Experience completing financial statement audits and the filing of federal and state Form
990 tax returns
• Experience in public accounting and knowledge of all aspects of GAAP
• Experience with government grant and nonprofit accounting, including the requirements of
the Federal single audit
• Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations
• This position is based in Honolulu, Hawaii. No other locations will be considered.