Executive Assistant to Executive Team
Full-Time Position based on the US East Coast
The CREO Syndicate (“CREO”) is a 501c3 public charity with a mission to catalyze private capital into solutions that address some of the most pressing environmental challenges of our time: climate change and resource scarcity. CREO works with a community of wealth owners and other aligned investors and stakeholders, who collaboratively develop and invest in solutions across sectors, asset classes and geographies to accelerate the transition to a sustainable low carbon global economy. CREO focuses primarily on capacity building by providing a peer-to-peer and expert knowledge platform where community members can share resources, expertise, and investment opportunities.
CREO Syndicate is seeking a highly motivated, talented, and dedicated individual to support the work of an ambitious, four-person Executive Team, who are seeking to drive positive change in the climate and sustainability investing marketplace.
Candidates should be comfortable working independently and in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role requires exceptional organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, a strong ability to manage multiple calendars and projects at once, and outstanding attention to detail. Candidates should be resourceful, able to anticipate and prioritize CEO and Executive Team needs and must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion. Given CREO’s mission, a demonstrated interest in climate, sustainability, and the environment and/or experience in the financial or non-profit industry are preferred.
CEO Support (30% of time)
- Proactively manage a complex and priority-shifting schedule for the CEO, including monitoring and responding to emails and sensitive communications, as well as scheduling calls and meetings with Board Members, Members, Prospective Members and other important stakeholders.
- Manage the logistics of meetings of the Board of Directors, including meeting invitations, virtual and telephonic dial-in options, and advanced and preparatory materials.
- Prepare and send written communications to important stakeholders on behalf of the CEO.
- Plan and arrange complex travel plans and itineraries for the CEO for travel across the globe but predominantly in the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, and Latin America. (When business travel resumes, presumably in 2021.)
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and deliverables, both individually and across the team.
Executive Team Support (50% of time)
- Support calendar management, including scheduling calls for the other three (3) members of the Executive Team (Managing Director, Development; Managing Director, EMEA; Global Head of Research).
- Support complex travel plans and itineraries for the Executive Team for travel across the globe but predominantly in the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, and Latin America. (When business travel resumes, presumably in 2021.)
- Work closely and effectively with the Executive Team to keep them well informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and deliverables, both individually and across the team.
- Build relationships with all members of the CREO team (currently five (5) additional people) to keep a pulse on progress on deliverables and enable open lines of communication across a distributed team.
Systems and Reporting Administrative Support (20% of time)
- Support CREO’s technical services by working with the team to keep the Pando database updated.
- Track and record CREO’s services related to introductions, investment opportunities, and other requests necessary for reporting purposes.
- Manage and track CREO’s general email account.
- Contribute to the development of a strong administrative team culture.
- A minimum of three years of work experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure, with patience and a sense of humor
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate CEO and Executive Team travel in different time zones (ex. Europe, Asia)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiency in Salesforce a bonus
- Interest in climate and environmental matters
CREO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs and job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation & Benefits: Compensation will be competitive for the not-for-profit sector and commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible schedules, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
Send cover letter and resume to: CREO Syndicate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy, Food & Agriculture, Transportation, Pollution & Waste Reduction, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Research & Education