We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Machine Learning Platform team builds and supports the essential tools and frameworks for every machine learning engineer at Cruise. Our goal is to greatly accelerate the development cycle of machine learning models across the whole company, empowering machine learning engineers to focus on improving the car’s safety and performance, instead of worrying about their infrastructure. Our scope covers the whole lifecycle of machine learning at Cruise: data processing, model training and deployment to vehicles. We are driven by the success of our partner teams who rely on our work to build the most advanced driverless cars in the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and build user interfaces that help Machine Learning Engineers explore datasets, track experiments, visualize metrics and deploy trained models. Champion frontend engineering excellence by continuously improving codebases and design processes.
- Own frontend projects from start to finish and be responsible for major frontend technical decisions and tradeoffs. Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews and frontend design discussions.
- Consider the effects of projects across multiple teams and proactively manage conflicts. Work closely with partner teams to ensure they are benefiting from the systems we built.
- Conduct frontend technical interviews with well-calibrated standards and play an essential role in frontend recruiting activities. Effectively onboard and mentor junior frontend engineers and/or interns.
What you must have:
- At least 3+ years of experience building modern frontends using React, Redux, WebGL and similar libraries.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Experience working with backend REST APIs and websockets.
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Experience building interactive tools that are core to people’s daily work.
- Experience with UX of data visualization and dashboards.
- Experience working with UX designers, ML Engineers or Data Scientists.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.