We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Vehicle Communications team is responsible for keeping our driverless cars connected while on the road. This mission-critical and full-stack team manages everything from configuring our LTE-connected hardware to developing the cloud services that handle requests. The Vehicle Communications platform is a scalable and low-latency system for offloading valuable on-road data and delivering remote commands to our autonomous fleet.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans, automated test cases, and tools for requirements verification and product validation for the vehicle communications system
- Working with software developers and hardware engineers to design and develop hardware in the loop (HIL) test platforms for autonomous vehicle components and subsystems
- Designing creative test cases to verify, stress test, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Finding, characterizing, and managing issues through resolution on hardware, embedded software, and application software
- Writing internal tools to help other developers and testers use the product
- Communicating results to product owners and internal customers
- Writing tools to post-process data from test automation and other tools as needed to support development
What you must have:
- 5+ years' experience in test automation on embedded systems
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- Outstanding communication skills with team members
- Outstanding written skills to define and document test system
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework), Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI, Buildkite)
- Experience in writing and executing verification plans for medical devices, aviation, automotive, or other safety critical applications
- Experience with containerized platforms (docker, kubernetes, etc.)
- Background in communications with ethernet, packet forwarding, cellular networks, LTE, wireless, etc.
- Wireless debugging, wireless test tools, wireless performance testing
- Bluetooth, GPS, or 802.1as experience
- CMW500 experience
- Real-time systems
- Safety critical testing experience
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience developing in C, C++
- Experience working with Jira
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.