Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Packaging Design Engineer for the Service (After-Sales) organization. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to architect from scratch the entire Packaging/Containerization strategy for a global automaker. The successful candidate will have hands on expertise developing packaging systems and protocols on a global scale in an automotive manufacturing environment. In addition, the role includes developing cost-effective packaging solutions, establishing contract packaging organizations (CPOs), generating and managing standard work instructions, and qualifying shipping solutions. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Design and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Propose, evaluate, and implement packaging designs, packaging instructions, and shipping container systems based upon understanding of customer requirements, operation processes, logistics, distribution, warehousing, retail, wholesale, and regulatory requirements
- Establish packaging strategy at the commodity level part numbers to support Service operations within our distribution warehouse, field locations and customer retail packaging
- Develop benchmarking methodology and execute assessments across the organization, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Service and Retail
- Implement process improvements jointly with packaging vendors and purchasing
- Assist in vendor selection and management for packaging materials and services
- Perform design analysis, computer simulations, and packaging validation testing of packaging and container designs.
- Create and release material and packaging specifications for new products, and changes to existing products.
- Build a format for standard work instruction, and build a system/process around the management of standard work
- Provide single point Packaging Engineering technical leadership and direction related to Service distribution and operations
- Implement an autobagger and automated labeling system for kitting
- Provide technical packaging direction to various levels of the organization, other functional disciplines, including quality, operations, supply chain, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, marketing and sales, and outside design and manufacturing sources.
- Collaborate with external standards organizations in packaging to stay informed of new trends and technology that can apply to the organization
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 9+ years total in Package Engineering with thorough knowledge of Supply Chain systems and processes
- 5+ years of related automotive industry experience
- 5+ years direct leadership experience
- 2+ years full scope global project management experience
- In depth knowledge of materials, processes and application of these as used in shipping container and packaging system design
- Familiarity with autobagger machines and automated label generation
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Demonstrate Strong written and oral communications
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines
- Experience in Packaging testing standards (ASTM, ISTA)
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, and 3D modeling software (i.e. Pro-E)
- Willing to travel to remote sites, as needed, for container development, implementation, and packaging quality issue resolution
- Ability to recognize issues or potential barriers
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree, (Master's Degree highly desired), in technical packaging engineering & design or a related Engineering field
- Supplemental education in Global Supply Chain or equivalent experience is highly desired
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.