We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic Systems Test Engineer to support the testing and quality assurance of various simulators and simulation tools that are built in house to test Cruise’s Autonomous Vehicle product.. You will be part of an extraordinary team of engineers who identify and resolve issues in the simulation tool chain that affect all aspects of validation of autonomous driver performance in order to support development, safety qualification, and testing.
Our engineers not only have experience with systems level testing and validation, but also are comfortable diving deep into high tech products. You will have a direct impact on Cruises’ future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding testing and engineering challenges.
- Responsible for responsible for creating test cases, executing appropriate tests, and analyzing the results and how the simulators correlate to on road data
- Perform root cause analysis and triage issues on complex integrated systems
- Create test plans and verification strategies to support ongoing feature development and bug fixes
- Define metrics, declare acceptable levels for these metric, and design dashboards to monitor the health of our systems
- Support implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
- Identify test framework gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and test frameworks
- Represent customer needs when designing simulation tools and reviewing designs of simulation tools
- Create alignment across cross-functional simulation groups
- 1-3 years of related root cause analysis experience or complex trouble shooting across multidisciplinary HW & SW systems
- Strong spatial reasoning (2D and 3D)
- Posses an automation mind set and computational, programmatic thought process
- Strong foundation in mechanics & physics
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, math, physics, or other relevant course of study
- Experience with Python or C++ and familiarity with principles of object oriented design
- Strong technical communication skills, especially when distilling complex problems
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to write effective design docs, SLAs, technical product documentation, etc.
- Bonus points: experience with front-end testing, game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity, etc.), physics simulation (e.g. Ansys, SolidWorks), or 2D/3D content creation tools (e.g. Photoshop, Maya, AutoCAD)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.