Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo Bioworks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- High throughput in planta characterization of beneficial microbes’ ability to colonize crops.
- Develop and establish a pipeline to test microbial candidates for in planta colonization.
- Under the guidance of the Plant Microbe Interaction (PMI) Discovery Lead develop relationships with Academic institutions within the area of expertise.
- Work collaboratively with project team members from across diverse technical /business functions and colleagues at Ginkgo to identify molecular predictors of in planta microbial performance.
- As a technical expert, cultivate and maintain knowledge of this emerging field through reading, conference attendance and consultation with experts in the field.
- Ph.D. in Plant-Microbe Interaction, Microbiology, Molecular Ecology, Plant Science or related disciplines required.
- 3+ years of industry experience in the area of microbial discovery and screening required.
- Experience in using Molecular Biology and Genomics tools in running screening pipelines is desirable.
- Strong understanding of agricultural field research and experience in development of biological and crop protection or enhancement products.
- Excellent interpersonal effectiveness skills are essential for the success in this.
- The position will be part of the Plant Microbe Interaction team within Plant Science Department and report to the PMI Discovery Lead
This position will be based at our Boston site and will require 5-10% travel.