Joyn Bio is a joint venture between Bayer and Ginkgo BioWorks dedicated to addressing unmet needs in agriculture by applying synthetic biology approaches to engineer microbes.
- This collaborative and inventive role is responsible for building our R&D analytics platform that will enable our scientists to translate discovery into commercial success.
- Be the product owner for a portfolio of R&D Analytics web-based applications, including managing 2-4 scrum teams. Work hand-in-hand with Software Data Architect and Dept Head to plan R&D Analytical Web Applications, including short-term release plans and long-term roadmaps. Collect and synthesize user feedback to identify gaps and define requirements to meet those gaps. Work with data science, computational biology, UX designers, scientific stakeholders, and software engineers to understand the implications of solution ideas. Create user stories. Collaboratively develop the best solutions and align with the vision of the Dept Head, while delivering applications in a timely and cost-sensitive manner.
- Work collaboratively with Data Science and Computational Biology to learn about their analytical roadmaps and identify fit-for-purpose of their innovative solutions to R&D gaps. Working closely with Data Science to understand how best to use and present information, with the opportunity to have hands-on technical work (e.g. data models, analytics, visualizations, etc).
- Align product teams and stakeholders around the solutions you develop by advocating for them, ensuring their quality, and maintaining user engagement. Define and track key performance metrics and other measurable success criteria. Build, groom, and prioritize the backlog of your solutions.
- Ensure sufficient documentation for your solutions. Stay on top of new computational and software capabilities being developed in the industry and understand how these new technologies may be applied to Joyn’s R&D analytics roadmap.
- BS or higher degree in biological engineering, synthetic biology, or a related field, or BS or higher degree in computer science or a related field and industry experience with biology, biological engineering, synthetic biology, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of product management experience and proven track record delivering software with high adoption rates.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps.
- Experience leading or supporting user research.
- Experience in agile development environment.
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of building business systems and processes.
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational problems.
- Excitement to work in a fast-paced, small company environment with multidisciplinary teams.
This position will be a member of Joyn’s Digital Science & Technologies Dept and will report into the Software Data Architect.