Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health by natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
As a GBS Credit & Collections Lead, you will support Indigo’s global customers and growers to lead the credit and collections function overseeing credit application processing, identify and resolve billing issues, reconcile accounts and drive monthly KPI targets. A successful individual will be self-motivated and someone who can recognize how processes can improve and effectively implement positive changes. The candidate must also be able to build strong external and internal/cross-functional relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. You will earn trust with our customers to facilitate timely payment.
- Maintain strong relationships with our customers internally and externally to ensure timely credit processing and collection management.
- Manage Indigo’s portfolio for customer credit and collections to minimize Indigo’s exposure and risk while maximizing Indigo’s cash flow.
- Supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes.
- Oversees the processing and verification of applications for credit and escalates as appropriate.
- Investigate credit issues and suggest payment options to be approved.
- Full cycle of accounts receivables: review and monitor A/R Aging Reports, meet collection targets, send statements and copies of unpaid invoices to customers.
- Customer contact (calls), research, analysis and account reconciliations.
- Calling customers and scheduling resolution sessions to understand the procure-to-pay cycles of our customers.
- Managing and resolving invoice discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate receivables and prompt remittance of balances due to Indigo.
- Managing internal and external Accounts receivable inquiries.
- Maintaining customer relationships by responding timely and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor directly) questions and requests for information.
- Understand the Indigo billing processes to provide guidance to customers, identify defects and drive resolution upstream of AR.
- Understand the pain points of customers and solve our customer’s problems.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to ensure capacity for our significant growth making it easier for customers to pay Indigo.
- Provide prompt, efficient, detailed customer-oriented service to customers.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer and sales needs, communicating trends to leadership and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
- Acting as the “voice of the customer” to GBS leadership and cross-functional business partners providing recommendations for observed areas of improvement.
- Escalating team or departmental concerns when appropriate to direct manager and/or senior leaders.
- High integrity.
- Ability to work in a face paced, highly demanding and constantly evolving environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to keenly investigate, think creatively and develop and deliver solution for our Selling partners.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize non-obvious patterns.
- Ability to interpret key financial statements/information.
- Ability to negotiate in a collaborative manner with other parts of the business while balancing and managing the risk to Indigo.
- Customer service oriented. Positive attitude towards issue resolution.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborative and resourceful.
- Ability to understand implications of various business modes, and the risk of each to the business to appropriately determine the necessary process and evaluation of customer base by business line.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Business or Information Systems.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a customer service or financial services role.
- Experience in the agricultural industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written - ability to communicate expectations and policy externally and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated Excel skills.
- Effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Experience working with data analysis and/or financial data.
- Experience working effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical experience or familiarity with CRM/ERP systems – Oracle and Salesforce preferred.
- Willingness to adjust day to day responsibilities as needed to meet business needs.