Sr. Manager, Benefits
Indigo is a high growth innovative agriculture company based in Boston. We have an extraordinary opportunity to help farmers harness nature to feed the planet in a sustainable manner. Our biological advancements enable us to work with farmers to improve agriculture in a way that creates enormous economic value while benefiting the environment and providing consumers a more natural food supply.
The Senior Manager of Benefits will be responsible for the design, management and administration of the company’s benefit plans, including health and welfare, leave management and retirement. A compelling employee benefit program is core to Indigo’s values and this high impact role will be a key leader in fulfilling that mission.
This role will be remote initially due to Covid-19 and Indigo’s offices being partially closed. When it is safe to return to the office, the position will be based in Boston at our worldwide HQ.
- Manages the company’s benefits programs and processes, including benefits strategy, annual open enrollment, benefits administration, leave management, 401k program and immigration and mobility
- Partner with Head of Total Rewards to develop a comprehensive benefits strategy that provides compelling employee benefits while aligning with financial objectives
- Primary contact with benefits providers ensuring highest levels of service, management of budgets, and competitive renewals
- Manages the annual benefits open enrollment process, including working with external vendors and internal stakeholders, and ensuring that communications to employees are comprehensive and well understood.
- Develops processes and guidelines to manage the administration of all benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, leave, wellness, 401(k) and supplemental programs
- Partners with Payroll on 401(k) plan administration, documentation, and communication to participants.
- Develops compelling communication plans and programs to ensure employees have a clear understanding of the company’s benefits and wellness offerings and drive participation and awareness.
- In partnership with Legal counsel, ensures all benefit programs are in compliance with applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, including but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and ACA
- Provides reports, documentation, and filings to be compliant on all benefits related regulations; Assists with ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations
- Provides management oversight to company’s immigration and mobility programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of relevant benefits experience
- Leader with the ability to effectively interact and influence others at all levels in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with creation of employee directed content
- HRIS/Payroll/Benefit system (Workday experience is preferable)
- Knowledge of benefits regulations including ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA, ACA, PFML and other relevant laws
- Demonstrated ability to manage partnerships with vendors, internal stakeholders and outside consultants to achieve results.
- Strong customer service mindset used to resolve complex questions and problems;
- Prior Experience working a public company and familiarity with SOX compliance a plus