Jupiter helps communities and private enterprises worldwide better predict, plan for, and mitigate the impact of climate change—empowering them to be more resilient, agile, and effective in meeting the massive challenges climate change imposes.
We’re thought leaders in data, climate, and earth and ocean-system science; advanced technology; private business; and public policy. We offer climate risk modeling solutions that can save lives and mitigate the potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies.
We seek new colleagues—data scientists, physical scientists, software engineers, business professionals, and more—who share our passion, commitment to excellence and innovation, and collaboration. Together, we can help make the world a safer place for our generation, and those who come after us.
This position is in a fast-growing company created to meet the global demand for local climate and weather information to protect and develop assets, and to manage risk in operations. You will work with data scientists, physical scientists, and software engineers to implement, interpret, and scale hydrologic and hydraulic modeling capabilities globally, with an emphasis on urban areas. An exceptional scientific and technical staff, with experience in environmental modeling, impacts, and machine learning will be part of the team deploying models in an elastic computing environment.
Bringing diversity to prepare a diverse planet for our changing climate
Jupiter was founded on the principle that with the right approaches and the right team, we can prepare Earth’s economies to meet the challenges associated with climate change. The world is a diverse place; a diverse workforce in an inclusive environment is essential to meet our goals. We go forward together.
- Build the infrastructure and pipelines for Jupiter’s ClimateScore™ Intelligence Platform
- Build the Deployment and Development pipelines for our ClimateScore products
- Standardize AWS development and Continuous Delivery for developer pipelines and workflows
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deploy our current platform on AWS with velocity and portability
- Enhance the portability of the current platform that uses Amazon Compute, Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, Kinesis etc. as data stores to AWS and or Azure
- Help build the next version of the application and the platform using automated pipeline to integrate model chain and data by using Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
- Use Amazon ElastiCache and Amazon CloudFront to improve application scalability
- Deploy applications and simulations using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation
- Use AWSCode.* tools to manage continuous delivery
- Travel Requirements : Minimal travel required
- Deep understanding of managing large scale infrastructure
- Deep understanding of building and managing large scale software deployments
- Excellent understanding of system and cloud based Administration and Monitoring
- Hands on experience with AWS or Azure
- Deep understanding of challenges with orchestrating large-scale applications and or simulationsSome experience with pricing models for different cloud systemsHands on with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with linux, pearl or python scripting
- Some experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to us to see if there might be a great fit.