With electric vehicles (EV's) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Strategic Manufacturing
What You Will Be Doing
Become part of the excitement, join the Charge Point team as we build the future. Responsible for cross functional program management activities throughout the whole product life-cycle in Operations. The Program Manager is also required to work closely with extended teams in managing, communicating and following through activities to bring up new products and sustain production, seeing through production all the way till EOL life-cycle.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Management of projects from product development phase to factory introduction and ramp
- Lead cross-functional teams responsible for qualifying and transferring new products at CM sites
- Follow up on BOM, spec, documentation releases to enable the Operations team to support the NPI builds or change management implementation timely
- Resolving complex cross-functional problems and issues
- Establish methodologies for achieving quality set deliverables per Charge Point Corporate guideline. Work with manufacturer on Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Liaise with marketing / sales to support customer beta and change submission. Consolidate build requirements for NPI and Pilot phase
- Work with Material and Planning team to align material, logistics, fulfillment and system readiness
- Facilitates the resolutions of complex team issues or determines direction to take based on risk factors, builds consensus, maintains process focus, and overcomes barriers for the team
- Ensures that program objectives and deliverables are accomplished in a timely fashion to meet product ramp requirements. Escalate to Management for attention when risk involving safety, quality, cost, delivery and project schedule
- Interacts with Operation and extended team, not limited to engineering and field support, to support program deliverables after product transfers, including Engineering change throughout the product lifecycle
- Works with the Engineering Managers to review product DVT and PVT status and readiness. Manage build and test (manufacturing & qualification) plans and resources during execution; objective is to achieve cost, quality/ Reliability, and schedule goals
- Ensures that available tooling and test equipment capacity to support initial high volume manufacturing after program transfer.
- Work with Quality to ensure RMA is set up for new product / new manufacturing partner
- College degree major in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 8 years Project Management role in complex and fast moving manufacturing environment is desired
- Very familiar with BOM system in the current job
- Able to travel as required within a short notice
- PMP is preferred but not essential
- Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or product development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present to management
- Extraordinary ability to build relationships
- Clear, consistent communication
- Use data to drive decisions and be willing to take action
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- High level of detail while running several work-streams
- Technical expertise and prior OEM management experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.