Role: Planning & Scheduling Manager
Location: Bristol / London
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
What will I be doing?
As Planning & Scheduling Manager you will create and drive an effective work scheduling and dispatch centre, which ensures cost and service goals are delivered consistently. Work with Regional Performance Managers to review resource plans and anticipate risks and issues which may need escalating to ensure we maximise engineer availability to deliver against the goals set by your Head of Operations in line with budget and outlook.
- Lead a team of [xx], Translate business objectives, targets and goals into detailed sophisticated, actionable capability and capacity plans ensuring Field Operations is able to deliver sustainable customer outcomes during the rollout of smart metering systems.
- As a member of the Operations leadership team you will be responsible for building and maintaining key relationships between planning & scheduling and field teams to ensure we are working efficiently and effectively.
- Accountable for the effective planning and scheduling of work to 600+ engineers across Field Operations, driving field teams across your region to complete >535k smart meter installations per annum.
- Initiate activity to address operational issues before they impact customers, continually improve how customers perceive OVO by taking responsibility for solving customer challenges, regardless of organisational boundaries.
- Look ahead to focus actions on sustaining improved business performance, capturing opportunities for Field Operations to deliver better value
- Drive relentlessly to do things better, striving for and setting new standards of excellence. Develop a culture of personal ownership and accountability for high performance across Planning & Scheduling.
- Work across Operations to achieve the best outcome for OVO and customers. Collaborating with others with a shared sense of purpose and understanding of what needs to be done, being willing to resolve issues that prevent effective teamwork.
- You’ll work closely with your regional performance improvement manager to deliver performance enhancements in a continually changing environment so that waste and avoidable costs can be removed or avoided.
- Build and maintain an understanding of future capability requirements across Operations and balance meeting these with operational demands
- Commit to developing individuals and teams based on potential. Provide evidence-based feedback, in a timely and constructive manner, to determine individual strengths and development needs. Recognise capability gaps in your own area and build a plan to address these.
- Taking a senior role in Field Operations and contributing to simplifying things for our customers, colleagues and partners. Taking things that are complex - like technology and processes - and ensuring that they are simple and useful
Is this the job for me?
Essential skills and experience:
- Considerable experience of work management processes and systems.
- A visible, approachable and natural people leader who can motivate teams to deliver results through inspiration, confidence and empowerment.
- Having the resilience and confidence to act with integrity however challenging or ambiguous the situation, building trust and delivering on commitments.
- Track record of embedding change and encouraging continuous improvement (think big, start small, scale fast)..
- Significant, proven experience of leading a large planning & scheduling operation, that operates across multiple sites, tasked with delivering consistent performance.
- Strong relationship management and team working with the skills to generate new ideas, to navigate complexity and ambiguity and to inspire and manage a large geographically dispersed team, as well as develop, attract and retain talent.
Ideally you will have…
- Analytical skills and a strong commercial awareness
- A background in working in a regulated environment where standards are measured (e.g. conduct, performance indicators etc.)
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!