Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Mechanical Engineer on the Facilities team, you will help design and deliver Manufacturing Facilities for our Electric Vehicle Assembly operations. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. You, as the ideal candidate, should have the desire and ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. You are an excellent multitasker, know how to prioritize and have impeccable focus.
- Work with your Facility team members to develop Scope of Work for new Buildings and Utility equipment for our ever-expanding Manufacturing complex.
- Review and approve construction drawings for ongoing facility projects.
- Review and approve MEP drawings for adherence to standard construction techniques.
- Develop mechanical piping, plumbing and HVAC standards and specifications from scratch.
- Support construction project manager during building and facility equipment installation with technical advice.
- Perform thermal load calculations to size building heating/cooling equipment.
- Develop 2D and 3D mechanical drawings in AutoCad format.
- Collaborate with the operations centers to understand and estimate future facilities needs and improvements
- Collaborate with Facilities Maintenance Technicians to understand and solve equipment problems related to compressed air generation, cooling towers, pumping systems, waste water treatment, HVAC and plumbing.
- Implement utility usage and cost tracking metrics for city water, natural gas and compressed air. Install meters and commission meters where practical.
- Project manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience
- Strong 2D and 3D CAD skills
- Hands-on practical troubleshooting experience
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Maintenance and PM experience
- HVAC design and troubleshooting
- Construction methods
- Professional Engineers License
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.