CLIMACT, a leading Energy & Climate Change consulting company based in Louvain-la-Neuve – Belgium, is looking for a potential candidate (M/F) to fill an open position, starting as soon as possible.
CLIMACT’s mission is to support its client to act efficiently against Climact Change, towards a sustainable low carbon society by 2050 (www.climact.com) .
Role and responsabilities
The new position, within a team of energy and climate consultants, includes the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the programming, modelling, data science, and some architectural design, on various programming tools, in co-creation with the energy and climate consultants
- Deliver the programming and modelling work with the other programmers in the team (extensive use of KNIME, Python and Alteryx)
- Contribute to the development of existing tools (e.g. GlobalCalc, EUCalc, NetZero, My2050)
- Contribute to developing analytics and data science expertise on Climact consulting engagements
Potential applicants should present the following experience and skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of creativity and autonomy
- Engineering and/or IT degree. Ambition to contribute to the climate change challenge through energy models which help objectify the debate
- Programming experience is required (e.g. Python).
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in programming/modelling/architecture design is an asset
- Technical experience in the following is an asset:
- Visual programming (e.g. Knime or Alteryx)
- Database management
- Optimisation (pre-running of code components, storage vs speed optimisation, complexity of operations)
- Leadership and communication skills to communicate with the consultants to co-construct and refine the energy models.
- Capability to harmonise best practices and perform quality reviews
- Empathy and customer/partner relations management experience
- Consulting experience in programming/modelling is a plus
- Good communication skills (EN & FR) – NL is a strong plus
- Ambition to evolve and grow in programming, modelling and architecture within Climact
- We offer a full-time position with a competitive salary
- Mobility solutions are provided
- Telecommunication tools and flexible home teleworking available
- Head office based in Louvain-la-Neuve
- Partners & customers are located in Belgium and Europe. Some traveling is possible.
CLIMACT is a leading consulting company providing Energy & Climate Change strategies to organisations in Belgium in Europe (www.climact.com). We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and diversity of our workforce. Our recruiting process includes discussions and potential analytics, data science & consulting cases interviews.
Send applications (Motivation letter + Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy, Food & Agriculture, Buildings & Cities, Transportation, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering