It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
This position is responsible for financial, analytical and budget support for the organization. Responsibilities include partnering with department and functional leaders within the organization in managing all financial deliverables including annual budgets, periodic forecasts, long-range plans, spending and supporting analytics including variance analysis. This role may participate in contract negotiation/review/tracking/analysis, evaluation of accruals and other areas that may impact financial reporting. On an as needed basis, conduct financial modeling including scenario, valuation, cost, and sensitivity analysis.
- Establish and oversee work plan to meet internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Work in a cross functional environment including Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, and Commercial to create advanced financial analysis and reporting while effectively interpreting and communicating recommendations.
- Develop and maintain methods and processes to ensure appropriate gross to net accounting reporting and forecasting models. Partner with accounting to ensure adherence to revenue recognition principles.
- Actively monitor all aspects of activity affecting spending/financial planning including assisting with:
- preparation of long-range plans, periodic forecasts and annual operating budgets;
- monitor, track, analyze and report actual versus planned spending;
- monthly close support including review and determination of appropriate and accurate accruals;
- Participate, as required, in corporate valuation or development projects, conduct financial modeling and analytical support for these activities, including scenario, valuation, cost and sensitivity analysis.
- Special projects including analysis of cash flows, revenues and costs by department or project.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in business, accounting or related field.
- A minimum of ten to fifteen years of experience in accounting, finance and/or business development.
- Experience supporting a manufacturing organization is required.
- Experience in valuation and corporate development projects including modeling and analysis supporting corporate investment decisions such as M&A and licensing decisions, valuation, cost and sensitivity analysis.
- Experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Computer skills: Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
Personal attributes required include:
- Ability to effectively present in small groups and prepare appropriate documentation and materials in final draft that is clear, concise and conveys the desired outcome.
- High level of attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines;
- Maintain confidentiality over all finance and accounting matters and information;
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization;
- Creative approach to problem-solving and the ability to think “out-of-the-box”;
- Self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment;
- Strong commitment to a team approach and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND DESIRABLE SKILLS:
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!
- MBA preferred.
- NetSuite experience is a plus.