Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Project coordination, champions and supports Lucid Engineering / Manufacturing Group’s specific needs and requirements regarding the DFM, Cost, Quality & Schedule.
- Approve stamping die designs and manages suppliers performance to build schedule
- Take ownership of the technical management of the products. Address Lucid technical questions and follow up to ensure all action items are completed.
- Facilitate PCR process interaction between Supplier and Lucid Engineering teams.
- Manage internal Lucid Customers, assesses needs regarding priorities, deadlines, and quantities, driving suppliers for on time deliverables.
- Track and manage Press Line Trial for new dies and Engineering Changes.
- Feedback die issues to design standard
- Die modification strategy and schedule for design change implementation
- Plan and manage outsource stampings
- Cost control (after die arrival, cost plan vs. actual)
- SPM / Quality- UP Projects
- Familiar with GD&T concepts
- Schedules and monitors all NPI activities, from design kick-off, tooling, and engineering builds through mass production.
- Maintain documentation of internal or external communication, processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Quotation: sample costs, fixture costs, tooling costs, test costs, etc., during NPI engineering builds.
- Track cost approval, PO, invoice to payment, including initial budget, ECO and cost modifications.
- Assists development with new process or materials as requested.
- Travel 25-50% to visit suppliers (US and International)
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major however Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is preferred.
- 8-10 years of Program Management / Tool Engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Tandem, progressive, blanking, and transfer stamping.
- Extensive aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the design and build of stamping dies.
- Experience with overseas Asian tool suppliers.
- The ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques – tooling, metal stamping, assembly and testing.
- Working knowledge of production and quality control procedures used in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with a wide range of individuals from varying economic, social, and educational backgrounds in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong mechanical, time management and analysis skills
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping conditions.
- Must be capable of working with peers, subordinates, supervisors, and management on a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to remain current with state of the art technologies and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Able to use MS Office- Excel, Project, Word,
- Proficiency in Cad software - CATIA and Autoform
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Transportation & Mobility
Want us to tweet your job? Please write your organization's twitter username below (just the username, please do not add the "@")