Founded in 2009, and headquartered in Foster City, California, Motiv is committed to freeing fleets from a dependence on fossil fuels. As a Ford eQVM approved supplier, Motiv’s family of Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis (EPIC) are available for a number of different medium-duty vehicle configurations including walk-in vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. A Motiv EPIC all-electric chassis offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of combustion power. With more than 350,000 miles logged in Fortune 50 fleet deployments throughout North America, Motiv’s EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.
The Director of Quality will be responsible for developing and deploying Motiv’s technical and regulatory compliance activities and will work cooperatively and cross-functionally with all areas of the Motiv team, especially the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations teams
- Oversee all aspects of quality encompassing product, manufacturing, supply chain, warranty and service
- Develop and deploy Quality strategy, programs and roadmap for Company
- Establish and deliver quality objectives, strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels
- Determine, track, and deliver key system metrics - integrate metrics in the product development process to ensure quality is built-in
- Partner with organizational leaders and industry peers and drive quality initiatives, systems and methods implementation to meet quality objectives
- Implement Failure Mode Avoidance techniques throughout organization for Prediction, Prevention, and Protection of quality issues and devise risk mitigation solutions
- Represent Company with Customers to articulate quality systems, review issues, provide feedback and provide permanent corrective action
- Institutionalize critical thinking (8D, A3, Systemic Root Cause Analysis, six sigma, statistical methods) in the understanding and application of quality tools
- Build and develop a high performing team and manage all aspects of the Company's Quality organization: Product, Manufacturing, Customer Service, and Supply Chain.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor in Engineering, additional advance degree a plus
- Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
- 8+ years' of automotive or related experience with demonstrated leadership in new product development and launches
- Expertise in quality management tools, with Automotive experience a strong plus. Standards, policies and procedures - APQP, PPAP, MSA, SQC, Six Sigma, SAE/ASTM Standards & Materials. Strong understanding of various manufacturing processes and process control plans
- Ability to lead, manage and deliver multiple projects across different geographic locations
- Willingness to work in a strong cross-functional environment
- Subject matter expert in quality tools and techniques
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Motiv Power Systems, a leading provider of software and technology to electrify medium duty commercial vehicles, is committed to freeing fleets from their dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv’s EPIC (Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis) are CARB certified, GSA approved, and available for many configurations including step vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. An EPIC offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of gasoline or diesel power.
Motiv is the only Ford eQVM-approved provider of all-electric chassis for commercial trucks and buses and benefits from engineering insights and support from Ford to ensure safety and reliability. With more than 500,000 miles logged among several of the largest fleet operators in the United States, the EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.