We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Senior Reliability Engineering Manager to develop, manage, and grow a reliability team in a fast-paced environment centered around the challenges of autonomous vehicles. At Cruise, we believe in leaders who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or testing day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position, you will lead system level and component level hardware reliability testing along with developing test programs that meet overall product objectives.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and establish reliability targets and standards relevant to our program needs and industry
- Develop and drive reliability best practices within our team and create tools that encourage their use across the company
- Organize and lead cross-functional reliability improvement initiatives
- Define, hire, and develop a world-class team of passionate reliability focused engineers
- Collaborate with GM and the Cruise AV Integrity team to develop validation plans for hardware systems
- Work with Engineering Leaders to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture, and a high output team
- Work with technical lead(s) to set the phased technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in a reliability/high uptime focused capacity
- Experience validating complex, high-availability electronic and electro-optical systems
- Previous experience with both hands-on development and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success leading detail-oriented test plan design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- Experience with automotive standards like GMW3172 or equivalent
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.