We are looking for a Vehicle Support Technician to work in our Stockton California support site. In this support position you would be reporting to the Vehicle Support Manager. We are looking for candidates that are ready and excited to take on the many responsibilities associated with supporting a hi-tech product line. Your success at Motiv will be determined as much by your passion and self-motivation as by your skills and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) activities including Quality Control (QC) and verification testing to include, testing vehicle’s functional condition, inspections, repairing vehicle failures and repairing mechanical and electrical system malfunctions.
- Perform engineering change requests (ECR).
- Install and replace electrical and mechanical components used in Motiv’s all electric vehicle platforms and product lines.
- Follow detailed instructions to accomplish tasks.
- Use various proprietary software and interface tools to trouble shoot, flash and test onboard systems.
- Work with VS manager and lead to ensure quality standards are met and vehicles are ready for delivery to end users.
- Support special projects to include fabricating, modifying and or building weldments, brackets and component support structures.
- Build wire harnesses for both low voltage and high voltage cabling.
- Perform on-road vehicle testing and verification checks.
- Support RMA activities to include inventory control, shipping/receiving and tracking.
- General shop duties including clean up, operations support, and various task as requested by manager and or vehicle support lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe shop environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Use digital volt meters to test various electrical components including high voltage (HV) components and systems.
- Ability to communicate findings and issues effectively with managers and teammates.
- Use various hand and power tools to install, assemble and upgrade vehicles.
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and engineering drawings.
- Skilled in the operation of shop and fabrication machinery such as welders, mills, lathe’s, vehicle lifts, jacks, hoists, forklifts etc.
- The ability to work overhead and bent over for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50-80 lbs.
- Positive attitude, team oriented, maturity, dedication, initiative, and punctuality.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Travel for special projects and field upfit implementation in and out of CA as needed.
- 4+ years’ experience in the light, medium or heavy-duty truck mechanic field or applicable electrical or mechanical fields.
Ideal Candidates May Also Have:
- Experience with battery electric vehicles (BEV) high voltage systems and EV technology
- Experience with vehicle manufacturing, assembly and prototyping
- Pre-delivery inspection (PDI) and or vehicle verification and validation testing
- Welding experience and fabrication skills
- Mechanical assembly and component instillation experience
- Technical degree in mechanical and or electrical
- Automotive training and vehicle repair experience
- Combination of Plant and Office Environment
- Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals within OSHA and California work environment statutes.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- General Safety.
- High Voltage safety.
- Supervisory Sexual Harassment Prevention.
- Electrostatic Discharge Awareness.
- Foreign Object Damage Awareness.
- Quality System Awareness.
This is a full-time permanent position. We are not able to support H1B visas or relocation at this time. Candidates only, please – no recruiters.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Motiv Power Systems, a leading provider of software and technology to electrify medium duty commercial vehicles, is committed to freeing fleets from their dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv’s EPIC (Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis) are CARB certified, GSA approved, and available for many configurations including step vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. An EPIC offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of gasoline or diesel power.
Motiv is the only Ford eQVM-approved provider of all-electric chassis for commercial trucks and buses and benefits from engineering insights and support from Ford to ensure safety and reliability. With more than 500,000 miles logged among several of the largest fleet operators in the United States, the EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.