At Motiv, we’ve taken a radically different approach to building electric trucks. We have developed a line of all-electric medium-duty truck and bus chassis, our EPIC platform, which is used in several truck and bus applications. Our next-generation power management electronics and software make it easy to integrate new technology components into new vehicles and applications.
Our core values are deep passion, curiosity, collaboration, customer focus and “owning it”. As with all roles at Motiv, your alignment with these values will be critical to your success here.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Create and manage CAD (3D models, assemblies, 2D drawings) using Solidworks for:
- Develop 2D schematics, and 3D routing for wiring harnesses, cables, hoses, lines, connectors
- Perform CAD package clearances checks under static and dynamic conditions
- Develop 2D prints and use tolerance stack ups to ensure compatibility with interfacing components as well as with gaging and inspection methods
- Manage BOM accuracy and ensure CAD to BOM alignment
- Establish consistent drafting standards, CAD modeling and dimensioning techniques
- Interface with OEMs and suppliers for CAD data transfer
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical assistance as required
- Manage CAD translations across various CAD systems used at customers and suppliers
- Participate in developing next generation ideas and state of art technology in the heavy-duty electric vehicle industry
- Associate engineering degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent; advanced degree holders are preferred
- Deep modeling experiences of mechanical and electrical hardware using Solidworks
- Solidworks – Electrical CAD package Expertise with ability to create assembly, 3D and 2D CAD; experience with Catia, Team Center and other CAD systems
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while producing high quality output in timely manner
- Experience with Bill of Material and Change Management Systems
- Strong knowledge of automotive product development systems and design disciplines
- Excellent written & oral communication skills – ability to present to wider audiences
- High level of accuracy; ability to work with tight schedules and ambiguity in startup environment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Founded in 2009, and headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Motiv Power Systems, a leading provider of software and technology to electrify medium duty commercial vehicles, is committed to freeing fleets from their dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv’s EPIC (Electric Powered Intelligent Chassis) are CARB certified, GSA approved, and available for many configurations including step vans, box trucks, work trucks, shuttle buses, school buses, trolleys, and other specialty vehicles. An EPIC offers uncompromised performance and functionality without the pollution, noise, heat, and vibration of gasoline or diesel power.
Motiv is the only Ford eQVM-approved provider of all-electric chassis for commercial trucks and buses and benefits from engineering insights and support from Ford to ensure safety and reliability. With more than 500,000 miles logged among several of the largest fleet operators in the United States, the EPIC family eliminates 100% of vehicle emissions, dramatically reduces operating and maintenance costs, and creates a healthier environment for riders and communities, while also reducing driver fatigue.