Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. Thirty to forty percent of food is wasted every year around the globe. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
We have raised an $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital, and are using the investment to rapidly grow our team. Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including Tech Crunch, WSJ, Forbes, the Economist and featured on Bloomberg. We have received the United Fresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Food & Wine Magazine. Our board list includes Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and Executive Director of UNICEF.
You will focus on our B2B outside sales partnerships (primarily food & beverage manufacturers, food processors and ingredient companies) and play a critical role in growing the company. You will help to source, close, and lead accounts with new buyers to join our online marketplace. You will attend various conferences and events as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. This position will require 25% travel (COVID-dependent).
- Serve as a mid-market account executive to fill pipeline and close new food & beverage buyers, working closely with the Head of Sales and COO
- Assist in identifying and securing potential buyer accounts to rapidly scale users on our marketplace
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers
- Reach out to potential new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads.
- Work independently with technical and purchasing functions of large food manufacturers. Communicate with supply chain functions of customer companies to create accurate forecasts.
- Gather buyer data and research market to determine appropriate pricing for buyers
- Demo marketplace to buyers to sell them on the value of the technology
- Negotiate pricing agreements and finalize buyer contracts
- Lead new buyer roll-outs, working closely with the Logistics and Supply team
- Work closely with operations to communicate customer needs and secure fulfillment on the grower side of the business
- Passion for Full Harvest’s mission
- Persistent go-getter with 2-5 years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development
- Sales experience in tech or food ingredient/ flavors/ or produce
- BA, Business Administration or similar
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Ability to prequalify accounts and consistently fill the pipeline to meet sales goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Strong organizational skills (keeping CRM up-to-date) and follow-through, detail oriented
- A strong team player, excellent communication skills with the ability to work across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry a big plus, but not mandatory
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results focused and rely on each other to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We give and receive candid and direct feedback
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission - solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
Looking for more info. about us? We closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.