Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. We recently raised an $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital, and are using the investment to rapidly grow our team. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
We're looking for a go-getter, sharp, very personable Head of Sales to manage and direct our growing sales team in addition to driving new business with large, top tier food and beverage accounts. The position will report to the CEO and play a large role in the growth and future sales strategy of the company. You will join a super friendly, hard working, passionate team that is determined to solve food waste.
Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including Forbes’ ‘25 Most Innovative Agtech Startups,’ TechCrunch and featured on BloombergTV. This year, the company received the UnitedFresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley, was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Fortune. Our advisor list includes Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, and Julie Swan, former VP of Finance at Sysco.
Our office is in downtown San Francisco.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively lead and help build out a growing sales team with a complex, operationally-heavy sales process with large institutional food & bev companies
- Prospect and close new large top tier food & bev companies to meet aggressive sales targets.
- Create sales-based incentives and best practices/ processes to properly hire and scale the sales team
- Run all internal sales meeting and manage performance of sales team
- Oversee and manage internal sales tools, including our Salesforce CRM platform
- Develop, forecast and achieve key business metrics to manage against revenue and profitability targets
- Report weekly metrics and progress updates and discuss sales strategy with CEO
- Lead sales visits and negotiations with key strategic accounts
- Assist in developing pricing strategies for buyers
- Deep understanding of sales strategies in the food industry and proven experience maintaining long-term B2B partnerships
- Coordinate sales projects across internal and external resources (product development, logistics, sales, market research, consultants)
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong network of food industry sales and procurement professionals a huge plus, but not required.
- Must have 10+ years of sales experience, part of which must be within a fast-growing startup or company, including 3+ years managing a sales team.
- Experience selling TECHNOLOGY products to Food & Bev companies a must
- Institutional B2B / Saas sales experience, especially closing $M companies
- Successful high growth start-up experience
- Strong problem solving and execution skills with an operational mindset
- Detailed oriented with a keen eye for accuracy
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, especially following up with multiple teams to get information needed to push deals forward and close
- Comfortable organizing, analyzing and presenting sales data to stay on targets
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to write succinct messages and communicate clearly to customers and team.
- Tech savvy comfortable working with and learning new applications
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
***BECAUSE OF THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THAT WE MOVE FORWARD IN THE PROCESS. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING***