Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a highly data-driven and communicative Director, Product to lead a small team of product managers (PMs), manage an ongoing and evolving consumer product roadmap, and work across the organization to establish, communicate, and execute on product priorities. A trusting & empowering yet fiercely committed people manager, the Director, Product will develop rigorous frameworks for our PMs; provide the holistic context needed to guide both their long-term goal-setting and everyday decision-making; and support their career growth and development, championing and leveraging the strengths of the team to advance our platform while coaching each individual PM to excel. Additionally, this hire will think strategically about the product roadmap 6-12 months out, collaborating with engineers & others across the organization to define what must be done in the short term to fully realize our vision in the future. The ideal candidate is technical enough to think like an engineer, has a strong consumer background & ideally experience with other marketplace businesses, and is not only deeply analytical, but passionate about helping others appreciate, interpret, and make smart decisions with data.
As the Chief Product Officer’s deputy, this role reports directly to the CPO, can be based in Washington, D.C. or New York, NY, and will work particularly closely with the Engineering, Marketing, Member Experience, and Analytics & Data Science teams.
What you'll do:
- Lead, mentor, and develop a dynamic team of product managers
- Build, institutionalize, and manage rigorous frameworks & processes for PMs to guide their short- and long-term goals, priorities, decisions, and deliverables
- Maintain an ecosystem in which great ideas are heard, qualified, and invested in
- Develop and manage a multi-faceted and dynamic product roadmap that will help usher in a period of growth in renewable energy and combat climate change; focus on the roadmap 6-12 months into the future while anticipating contingencies & laying the appropriate foundation in the immediate term
- Collaborate with the Chief Product Officer to help define and unify product vision, goals, functionality, and requirements; act as his deputy and the Voice of Product in conversations up, down, and across the organization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our SVP, Design & UX and engineering leadership to define, manage, and evolve a scalable, repeatable product process
- Practice and cultivate a culture of transparent, cascading communications
- Work closely with engineering leadership on project prioritization and delivery
- Apply technical, analytical, and UX expertise to guide data-driven, customer-centric decisions
What will help you succeed:
- 6-8 years experience in a product management or similar role
- 3+ years experience leading cross-functional product and engineering teams in consumer or marketplace products
- Proven track record of leading and delivering user-driven products, with an emphasis on user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build alignment across all stakeholders, including senior management, through effective trust-building, negotiation, and influence with & without authority
- Bias for quantifiable results versus activity, and willingness to hold yourself & others accountable for delivering results
- Strong process orientation
- High degree of creativity and willingness to experiment
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- 1-2 years experience in a director-level role managing PMs
- Technical background
- Product management experience in a highly commoditized vertical (e.g. shelter, electricity, food)
- Product management experience in FinTech
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.