Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? If you’re excited about career growth, group volunteering, and the occasional ping pong after hours, then this is the job for you. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
The Vice President, Grid Integration is responsible for reducing obstacles in the interconnection process for Nexamp’s 1GW pipeline of PV+Storage projects. This position will work closely with electric distribution utilities across the United States and will be responsible for providing in-house technical expertise in the interconnection of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs). This role requires a technical expert with experience managing DER projects through multiple distribution utility and Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) interconnection processes. This position will closely support Nexamp’s Business Development team, Power Engineer Group, and serve as the technical lead to support Nexamp policy and regulatory engagement. The Vice President, Grid Integration will report to the Senior Vice President, EPC and work closely with Engineering and the Power Engineer Group daily.
- Reduce interconnection friction for projects in all markets using a variety of mediums; this is inclusive of technical meetings, Alternative Dispute Resolution proceedings, and utility key leader interaction
- Represent Nexamp and actively participate at utility and ISO/RTO technical policy stakeholder meetings, including MA TSRG and NY ITWG
- Lead utility dispute proceedings and engage with utility leadership to manage utility performance to tariff deadlines
- Provide a detailed and complete understanding of the interconnection and grid integration process to the broader organization for all active markets
- Provide strategic, market, commercial and technical input to the Development, Engineering and Construction teams regarding the development, design, grid integration, and interconnection of the company's project pipeline allowing for cost effective efficient designs
- Collaborate with the Power Engineering Group in designing and managing a portfolio of utility interconnection applications from initial submission through project closeout across multiple states and markets
- Assist Engineering in all aspects of the interconnection process for community solar and utility-scale DERs to the distribution system, including pre-screen applications, impact studies, facility studies, cluster studies, ISO transmission studies, Interconnection Service Agreements, and final project close-out and PTO/ATI
- Assist the interconnection team in technical utility negotiations and drive implementation of non-wires alternatives, selective curtailment, Active Resource Management, and other grid-edge technologies
- Assist the Power Engineering Group in evaluating outside engineering consultants performing load-flow, flicker, and other power system studies
- Assist the Power Engineering Group in reviewing single line diagrams, three-line diagrams, and site layout designs to optimize system AC design and meet utility requirements
The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player.
Key qualifications as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical engineering required
- 7+ years of distribution utility or interconnection experience required
- 3+ years of direct experience in DER interconnection required
- Strong management and project management skills required
- In-depth knowledge of distribution interconnection processes for relevant states required
- Working knowledge of FRC and ISO-level interconnection processes required
- Strong knowledge of the applicable utility tariffs, governing policies, and regulatory frameworks across multiple states required
- Strong knowledge of industry standard design codes such as National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other industry standards required
- Strong knowledge of electrical principles, including medium voltage distribution, protection system coordination and relaying principles required
- PE license or ability to obtain same preferred
- Substation and transmission design experience preferred
- AutoCAD software proficiency preferred
- PSSE, Aspen, PSCAD, or PSLF modeling experience preferred
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp Offers. This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401 (k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance with company contribution; Open Paid Time Off and Company Holidays; Commuter Benefits and Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a Fun, Collaborative, Downtown Office Environment! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, in-office yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.