At Infarm we want to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
In 2050 more than 7 billion people will be living in cities. We're recreating urban farming for a more sustainable future.
Be part of the infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As a Maintenance Worker you will be responsible for the maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms and plants at our customer locations, following defined processes and quality standards as well as providing excellent customer service to our clients. A technical background and practical experience are required, combined with great communications skills, customer-oriented attitude and passion for plants and technology.
- Harvest, plant and package infarm plants while ensuring the delivery of high standard produce to our clients with minimal food waste
- Protect the health of our plants by applying basic plant protection measures and keeping the farms squeaky-clean
- Solve technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Service the farms on bi-weekly basis
- Follow workflow and schedule
- Interact with customers, providing top-notch customer service
- Report on harvest records and plant issues using our internal infarm app
- Report on customer feedback and compensation needs according to infarm guidelines
- Ensure daily invoicing of infarm customers
- Maintain current marketing materials on farms in customer locations
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- A passion for plants, sustainability or nutrition
- Strong technical skills
- Valid driver’s license and working visa
- Pro-active attitude and hands-on approach
- Strong attention to detail and a good eye and caring for cleanliness
- Both confident and comfortable working alone as well as part of a team
- Fluent in Japanese, English is an advantage
Special Things We Would Like to See:
- Interest in Agriculture and hydroponics systems
- Maintenance experience
- Basic knowledge of electricity and plumbing
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Fresh herbs to take home