We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
We’re looking for someone to join our San Francisco team as a Compensation Manager, and consult with HR Business Partners, Management, and Recruiting to provide compensation analysis and support, as well as lead compensation program management for the business. As part of the Compensation team, you will work directly with HR Business Partners and Management to design and deliver innovative, market-based recommendations and programs. The successful candidate will proactively partner with all stakeholders to identify and address compensation issues, and evangelize Cruise’s total compensation philosophy and strategy. The ideal candidate has the ability to understand complex data, is detail oriented and laser focused, but also able to see the bigger picture.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with HR and Business to manage, consult, and lead effort on compensation issues
- Perform analysis on the effectiveness and competitiveness of comp programs, and model potential impact of alternatives
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions for a variety of compensation issues including base pay, annual incentive, and equity compensation
- Conduct job evaluations and market assessment using market data and internal evaluations
- Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed
- Lead annual compensation and bonus planning, including data prep, auditing.
- Create and maintain compensation documentation, and work with HR Ops and other stakeholders to support audits, and drive process improvements
- Become a mentor for junior members of the Compensation team
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience leading and maintaining compensation and incentive plans, with a minimum 5+ years experience in compensation or consulting
- Highly collaborative style, and ability to work as part of team as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influencing and ability to support continued innovation in a hyper-growth environment
- Confidence and ability to consult with and advise senior leaders
- Excellent communication, presentation and change management skills
- Attention to detail and dedication to perfection
- The ability to adapt quickly, and continue providing the highest level of customer service in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Advanced excel/spreadsheet skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Masters Degree
- CCP or other relevant certification
- Stock Administration experience
- Experience working at a Technology company
- Experience in a pre-IPO environment
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.