Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.About the Role:Our Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Technician is responsible for ensuring the facility they are assigned to is adhering to Imperfect Foods Safety SOPs. The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Technician works independently or in a team to provide support to the Director of Food and Warehouse Safety. The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Technician will have full access to the facility(ies) in all areas for safety inspection.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with Company, State and Federal safety policies and regulations
- Documenting daily/weekly safety inspections citing dangerous areas/procedures and work with key stakeholders to make recommendations on best course of action
- Maintaining safety equipment and reporting supplies and availability
- In conjunction with the People Team and RDO’s, coordinate and lead the on sight monthly safety committee meetings
- Complete all daily GMP documentation
- Monitor daily temperatures in the warehouse and freezers
- Ensure all team members are following Company Covid-19 SOP
- Assist in workers comp investigations with with key stakeholders not limited to: managers, and the People TeamConduct monthly inspections of facility, fire extinguishers, emergency showers, etc
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be supplemented at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of warehouse safety and food safety SOP
- Ability to write and speak english
- Basic knowledge of Gmail, Google Docs/Sheets
- Conduct training sessions as it relates to Safety and Training
Details of the Position:
- Full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Food & Warehouse Safety
- Hourly pay ($20.50)
- Shift Schedule: Sun-Thur, 8:00am to 4:30pm
- The position is based out of our warehouse in San Francisco, CA
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Ability to work in both hot and cold temperature conditions
- Able to walk, stand, bend, squat/stoop, climb, reach, crouch, and kneel throughout the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/ or packages weighing up to 50 pounds repeatedly or continuously over time
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.