What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health.
The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to draw down one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils.
In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
As the Senior Product Manager of Buyer Basis Intelligence, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most innovative teams across the organization to create data-driven solutions that’ll help Buyers strengthen their competitive advantages, resulting in more opportunities for farmers to sell their grain on our platform. We believe that a deep understanding of customer problems and behavior is critical to delivering value and is the cornerstone of what makes our product team tick.
In this role, you will head up a new squad that’s integral to our Buyer team within Indigo Marketplace; a two-sided Marketplace for Buying and Selling grain. You’ll work closely with our Business Intelligence, Data Science and Engineering teams to develop software solutions that are powered by market data to create better experiences for our customers. You will become an expert in Indigo’s Marketplace and Origination tools for Buyers, and will help ensure that their Bids are represented in a way that’s easy for Growers to understand and compare.
What does a successful product look like at Indigo?
Good products must be designed with an unwavering focus on the users they serve and the customers they ultimately benefit. You will take a lead role in understanding customer needs, how our business meets those needs, and how our technology can help the business do that better and more efficiently across product lines internally and externally.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses and move quickly. We aren’t dogmatic, but we believe in the tenets of agile development. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Build solutions powered by complex data sets, to solve a variety of user problems across our external Marketplace and Origination Tools.
- Develop deep understanding of existing and planned internal tools to procure, ingest, consolidate and QA data.
- Analyze 3rd-party data sources and collaborate on partnership / integration strategy
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the indigo organization to help determine the business impact and short and long-term vision for your product
- Define and create detailed product roadmap
- Create and prioritize use cases
- Evaluate partner strategy (internal and external)
- Understand market competition and product positioning
- Assume primary Product Ownership responsibilities (roadmap, user stories, prioritization, stakeholder buy-in)
- Participate in agile software product management and development best practices definition and execution, inculcating and championing those best practices at Indigo
- Institute and execute stakeholder review meetings for product or product line at agreed-to cadence
- Work closely with all internal product related teams to ensure alignment across Product Development processes
- Work directly with internal technical- and product teams as customers.
- Execute customer-driven culture in how we prioritize and allocate our Technology investment
- Ability to bring teams along an agile journey
- Establish clear and concise communications channels with stakeholders within the organization (i.e. Business, Engineering, Marketing) to provide context about the “why” and visibility into product or product line decisions and process for decision making
- Establish trust with internal customers to allow for a regular cadence of communication which helps to get design feedback early and often
- Set clear expectations and be able to communicate the value of technical projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations and technical feasibility for software product or product line, clearly articulating tradeoffs
- Able to define, gain buy-in from stakeholders and drive product vision for a specific software product or product line
- Able to translate business needs into product roadmap and technology specifications and use cases
- Highly aligned and deep understanding of company strategy, mapping strategy to execution
- Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work as a member of a team, with great listening and oral and written communication skills
- Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data to draw insightful conclusions
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to deliver on agreed-to outcomes in the agreed-to timeframes
- Ability to balance technical requirements across external customers and internal users
- Experience with data science and machine-learning.
- Fundamental understanding of data architecture and -lifecycles
- Knowledge of marketing technology space, including market trends and emerging technologies
- Experience with analytics, A/B testing, and/or recommendation systems
- Active Communication skills (communicating out and listening successfully)
- 7-10 years Product Management Experience
- 3-5 years experience with data related products
- Experience delivering internal- and external facing software solutions
- Previous ownership of scrum team prioritization
- Analytical background a plus
- International experience is a nice to have
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.