Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
The role of the Quality Assurance Research Associate II is to ensure that Indigo seed applied microbial products meet established quality standards and expectations by performing microbial analytical procedures to characterize in-process and commercial microbial samples.
- Follow established QC processes and protocols to determine concentration and purity of microbial samples under critical timelines
- Conduct stability analysis on bulk and final formulations and assess physical attributes of samples, including viscosity, density and moisture
- Coordinate incoming samples from contract manufacturers
- Track and organize sample and retain inventory
- Maintain the sample testing calendar
- Assist creating cell banks for manufacturing
- Record and interpret QC data, using Excel, and issue Certificate of Analyses
- Assist with experiments to define more efficient and cost effective microbial analytic protocols and develop assays for high throughput screening
- Occasionally isolate DNA from microbial samples
- Ensure analytic equipment is in good operating order through calibration, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and related record keeping.
- Execute on contamination preventive initiatives, using 5S methodology
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; organized and methodical
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Team player with strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external collaborators
- Mindset of lean-concept based continuous improvement
- Passion for agriculture and sustainable solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, or Microbiology with 2-4 years of lab experience or Master’s degree with Assay focus.
- Strong microbiology and associated microbial testing methodologies background, with applied experience in CFU plating, physical attribute testing, and demonstrated proficiency with sterile technique
- Working knowledge of Quality Control procedures and processes, experience writing and following SOPs
- Experience with data entry, validation and interpretation, with prior use of Excel required
- Working experience in Agriculture science area is plus
- This role is based out of our Boston, MA office
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.